DYFConf Notes: Mojca Mars – Don’t Be a Robot
How not to fully automate. Don’t be a Robot.
was called into work and was fired. blog post. then couple glasses of wine later. “went to work”
no clients, no leads
did cold emailing and social media
cold email = first clients, a lot of work for little results, had to repeat the process over and over
social media = took longer to get clients, better clients, could leverage the work over and over
Yet another scumbag marketing pic. lol
It’s not social media, it’s SOCIALising
What if you could get higher paying clients with a maximum 1 hour of work a day?
Going to focus on Facebook, Twitter
Need to have a strategic approach
- personal brand. “Don’t be a robot”
- mistake #1: automate everything
- she asks her clients where they found her. With a social media presence people want to work with you and the personality that bleeds out on social media
Build Your Authority
- don’t just post content
- post results
- share value
- share things your audience is interested in
- share your expertise
- Twitter search. Looked for people who needed social media help. Found 1 great source out of 10 twitter spammers. Looked at keywords that was special about this 1 great source. Repeated the search process.
Daily Process: 20 min engagement, 20 min authority, 20 min personal brand
http://www.socialbro.com/ a twitter analytics tool to find out when followers are online
90% of my tweets are not automated. 10% are.
How to build results with a facebook page and ads
- FB ads are just another tool. Just investing $5
- Boost your traffic
- sell products
- building your email list
- don’t try to close the sale too quickly
- lead magnet, landing page, facebook ads
- creating custom audiences with FB ads is a more effective spend
- 20% of budget just testing the ads to see which ones work/don’t, 30% of budget refining, 50% into actual target market
- Ads won’t run themselves
- Have to implement the strategy -> measure what works -> modify the strategy -> repeat the process
For twitter focus on your personal account. Don’t waste time trying to engage with people with a company account.
For facebook have a facebook page but make it as personal as possible.
- Dinosaur :)
- Kai Davis’s Notes on Mojca’s talk